I hear the Word and feel the goad, then get angry at the bumps in the road.
My vision only sees the next oblivious of those my path infects.
"All I can do is all I can do," the mantra of the stuck consistently plays in my head while bleeding out my pluck.
Responsible man doing your job, plodding a reasonable course, at the end of the day you've made your hay and you eat it like a tired plow horse.
Eternity beckons, and creativity calls. But in these twilight years, my engine stalls.
All my dreams are dead but one, all converged and before I'm done my tale will be one of two: I have fulfilled what He called me to, or I have stayed with reasonable folk pulling under the plowman's yoke?
Stepping into what you can see is living a life of safety. But faith cannot with human reason commence. It breaks the bridle of common sense.
It leaves the furrow in the dale of the dead, never to be stabled in the plowman's shed.
Grace joins our needs with His plan. Truth in love gives faith to fallen man.
His idea is resurrected for His glory. Forgiveness, healing and purpose becomes our story.
God has implanted that amazing seed, and it waits to be watered with Word and deed so that it can accomplish eternal preservation, magnifying His great love in every tribe and nation.
The substance of things hoped for enters when you answer the door. The evidence of things unseen is Jesus bringing in His immeasurably more than you can ever dream or conceive. With your head up and eyes open, believe!
No comments:
Post a Comment